VMware Workspace ONE Community
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Best practice on device cleanup of those that don't come online after either an Enterprise Wipe or Device Wipe command is executed

Question for all. How long do you keep devices in your environment with either Enterprise Wipe Pending or Device Wipe Pending status?

I now work for a health institution and at the moment we have roughly 1300 of such devices in our console.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

I purge anything idle over 45 days regardless of status. Wasted processor time IMO.
0 Kudos
JohnBatshon
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I have been purging at 31+ days. No sense in seeing ' Red'  all over my screen 😃
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Thanks guys. I suppose there's no concern of data left on these devices assuming they will get enterprise wipe anyway once they do come back online?
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

I don't even worry about if the wipe will take place or not really. I have a passcode policy that will wipe the device after X number of failed attempts. That's the protection I need for offline devices. Increasing numbers of thefts are immediately placed into faraday bags, shielding them from network signals until the thief gets to a spot where they can attempt access without any network connections. The passcode policy is the true wall between your device and a thief IMO.
0 Kudos
DeanPayne
Contributor
Contributor

Do you do anything with Lost mode in those instances Luke or do you solely rely on the passcode method?
0 Kudos