VMware Workspace ONE Community
GregRStar21
Contributor
Contributor

Azure Integration (No Local AD)

Hi Guys,

Has anyone here completed a setup to integrate AW with clients who are using Azure AD only? I am stuck with the configuration and AirWatch isn't so sure with the configuration either.

If you have, are you able to provide some guidance through it?

Thanks,
G
Labels (1)
6 Replies
FelipeSilvaFeli
Contributor
Contributor

I was wondering if someone has done it as well.
0 Kudos
EMMJunkie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We have completed two methods integration with Azure AD customers only:
1) Made use of the customers existing Azure IaaS environment and dumped a Cloud Connector in there, which in-turn talked to an AD server with the same Azure IaaS environment
2) Recently made use of LDAPS that was setup in Azure AD, Workspace ONE UEM then is connected to Azure AD *present issue with this, group synchronization is not working correctly, groups can be searched but users in groups are not sync'd*
0 Kudos
MohamedZein16
Contributor
Contributor

No one can confirm if this scenario is valid for Workspace ONE ?!

0 Kudos
LeeMatthews
Contributor
Contributor

I think this will be a more common way moving forward. I also would like to know how people get it going with AAD only.
0 Kudos
GregRStar21
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mohamed,

Azure Only integration has worked for me. Unfortunately, VMware doesn't have a proper guide as to how you do it but maybe I can help.

I also wanted to advise that due to iOS restrictions, this wouldn't work with DEP. I have confirmed with my colleague with apple that federated access through DEP won't be available through ABM soon. This, however, is already available through ASM.

If you are using Samsung Devices, this should work with KNOX KME (Android Enterprise setup). During the initial setup, it will redirect you to the Microsoft login page. I can give you access to the portal I have set up so that you can have a look and see.

You do not need AAD with this or any local AD integration unless you want security groups synced.
0 Kudos
fredericksnow
Contributor
Contributor

Hey there Greg.  Wondering if you can provide some guidelines on how you got AAD Only configured in WS1.  I'm in a siloed environment, so the more info on the Azure pre-reqs and config that you can provide the better.  I'll likely have to provide some guidance to the Azure team to describe what I need when coordinating this.
0 Kudos