VMware Workspace ONE Community
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Automatic iOS device profiles not being installed.

I have two automatic profiles installed on all devices. One is a passcode requirement, and the other is a mail profile. They're not installing automatically on enrollment. However, if I simply change the Organizational Group from one group to another and right back, they're immediately applied. Obviously touching every new device by hand is cumbersome. I recently had a password issue on the account that installed the latest upgrade, but that was all resolved (as far as I know). This issue did seem to happen around the same time. I'm not sure what other services might have those credentials built in. It doesn't strike me as a password issue because of the org group moving behavior but who knows. I'm open to ideas before I put in a ticket with VMWare.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just to update and close this loop, I found several services stopped on my DS server for no apparent reason. Restarted the messaging services and devices started getting the automatic enrollment. From my reading, if automatic profiles aren't being respected, it's likely a service on the DS server side. If it's not respecting changes during org group changes, it's likely a service on the console server side.
0 Kudos
JamieAndersonJa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Since updating to 18.11 we have been seeing services stop for no good reason. If the smart group service on your DS stops, nothing assigned to a SG push to your device. you also won't see those resources assigned to the device in the console.
0 Kudos