VMware Workspace ONE Community
vTheorize
Contributor
Contributor

AutoPilot Unable to reach MDM Terms of Use during OOBE

Hello all, 

I have a trial for WS1, and am attempting to get the integration with AzureAD functioning to auto provision devices through autopilot into WS1. 

I noticed from another colleague that their trial  is utilizing the same URLs as mine, and thought that might be the issue, and so attempted to create custom URLs as well in settings, but to no avail. I have looked for official VM Documentation on this, but every link seems to just direct to a large zipped folder with a ton of large .pdfs. I am attempting to CTRL+F my way through them, but to no avail so far. 

Any ideas what might be happening here? Is there a limitation with the trial? Any Links or assistance is greatly appreciated. 

Regards, 

Ryan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JosueNegron
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I suggest following the steps for the integration exactly as outline in the following guide. https://techzone.vmware.com/enrolling-windows-10-devices-using-azure-ad-workspace-one-uem-operationa...

Please let me know if after following these steps you are still having issues. 

vTheorize
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Josue, 

I see that instead of using the link named Application ID URI in AirWatch, you just use the base hostname for the instance. This has gotten me past the initial error, but I am still immediately faced with another. See below. Am I missing some permissions for the user to be able to enroll a device in WS1? 

I have ensured that the account has permission to join devices to Azure AD in Azure AD, as well that it has not reached it's device limit within AzureAD, so this seems to be a WS1 authentication issue. Thank you again for that link. 

vTheorize_0-1629570626708.png

0 Kudos
JosueNegron
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is a simple fix. By default only basic users are allowed to enroll into Workspace ONE. You can enable directory users by going into the UEM console, Devices > Devices Settings > Devices & Users > General > Enrollment. You will see there that basic is checked, you want to also check Directory then save and try again.