VMware Workspace ONE Community
TonyMast
Contributor
Contributor

Auto updates not working? Did something change?

Two issues going on - We are using Android for work and all apps are set to auto install. Everything worked great but as of this week, if we enroll a new device, applications aren't installing automatically. We have to manually push the apps that didnt install.

2nd issue - we installed the auto update profile on our launcher but apps arent updating like they should. Anyone else see this issue before?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Jmosh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey Tony, have you set up an app group with those applications whitelisted + the application control profile to ' enable system apps' ?

We had the same issue when we did Android Enterprise (its been renamed a few times now) and found the above was the missing pieces.
0 Kudos
TonyMast
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Jeff,
Thanks for the quick reply - I havent set up any app groups. I'll try that now and see how it reacts.
0 Kudos
Jmosh
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Dont forget the app control profile and checking ' enabled system apps' , thats the really important part.
0 Kudos
TonyMast
Contributor
Contributor

Perfect - both changes have been put in place. I'll report back tomorrow.

This is my current app version - obviously trying to get everyone on 1.19.
Version Totals
1.14         69
1.15          37
1.16          646
1.17          16
1.18          44
1.19          621
(blank)    32
Grand Total 1465
0 Kudos
TonyMast
Contributor
Contributor

Checked it this morning - no real change.
Row Labels Count of Friendly Name
1.14 69
1.15 37
1.16 632
1.17 16
1.18 42
1.19 638
(blank) 32
Grand Total 1466

0 Kudos
AP209
Contributor
Contributor

Tony

I'm having the same issue, did you ever get this figured out?

0 Kudos
TonyMast
Contributor
Contributor

Yea, we are still fighting this... We actually found a bug that bricked 400 of our devices. When we removed the app control profile and restarted the device. Airwatch not only removes the profile but it also  a bunch of system files needed for the OS to boot. If any devices rebooted post removal of the app control profile, they bricked.

Right now, they dont have a work around or a solution. They told us it was an issue they are looking to resolve with the next HUB update "coming out in January".... well January has come and gone....

0 Kudos
JamesCorrJamesC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What hardware is your Android Bricked deployment?

Zebra, Honeywell?

0 Kudos