VMware Workspace ONE Community
ekossac
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Auto Install VPP Apps not working

Hello,

I did set up the apple business manager a couple of weeks ago, ordered our first devices with DEP to test enrollment and app delivery aswell as new supervised restrictions.

I hide the store, trying to publish apps via VPP but neither of my vpp apps will get installed automatically after enrollment. (iPhone SE 2020, iOS 13.5.1)

The issue seems to me seems that no install command is getting created and dispatched. (I tried to auto install the VMWare Hub, Web and Microsoft Teams with device based assigment)

the WS1 Environment is SaaS.

any idea why the command wouldnt be created/dispatched?

best regards

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ekossac
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Got a solution from the WS1 Support, if anyone else has problems with auto-installing apps, whitelist those apps at the OG you are having trouble at.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ekossac
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Got a solution from the WS1 Support, if anyone else has problems with auto-installing apps, whitelist those apps at the OG you are having trouble at.

sluzi1986
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for following up with a solution. Is this still a problem for you, by chance? I ask because I'm seeing similar behavior but find it a bit...odd...that I'd have to whitelist all of the VPP apps which may be given to an entitled device during enrollment to make this normal.

0 Kudos
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Make sure your VPP token is still valid. Airwatch does a really poor job of certificate management and doesn't notify you when they expire.

0 Kudos
RicardoPachecoR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Using Shared SaaS, with ABM and VPP ~300 apps. No need to whitelist apps, unless you are doing a blanket blacklisting of the app. Common problems: As already mentioned. Just re-download the token and try. deployment should be Auto. If the device was enrolled, it had some assigned license, then you changed app distribution, I have seen licenses getting stuck. try this:

1) Least invasive - move the device to another group without any assignments. Make sure that the device's licenses were cleared. Then, re-assign (back to the same group)

2) wipe the device back to factory settings, delete the device's record in List View. Then, re-enroll the device. 

0 Kudos
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm suddenly having this issue myself. Where do you whitelist apps at an OG level?

0 Kudos