VMware Workspace ONE Community
vivien-innovez
Contributor
Contributor

Assigning internal native app to Android are not able to be assigned to android 10+

Hi all,

We are using Workspace One UEM to push native internal apps to iOS devices (enrolled with intelligent hub).

Recently we tried to do exactly the same for Android internal apps.

- We configured EMM (with a gmail account) to be able to enroll any android version.

- We added the Android APK and assigned to the Android smart group

Only the device with Android 9 and below will be detected and assigned the app. For other Android 10+ devices, assignment is not detecting those enrolled devices.

Any idea on why assignment doesn't work for Android 10+? Anything we should check?

Thanks

Vivien

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mihakom
Contributor
Contributor

Check enrollment type. Android 10 supports only Enterprise enrollment.

Application Management for Android - VMware Workspace ONE UEM

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
vivien-innovez
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mihakom,

Yes, Android 10 only support Android  Enterprise, that is why we had to configure EMM with a gmail account. So now I can see enrolled all our Android 10 devices.

I can see the work profile on Android 10 device with Hub, Catalog and other apps by default. But the issue is catalog is empty and is not showing our internal native apps.

This is the enrollment status:

Enterprise Version
Work Profile

Any idea what else to check?

Thanks

Vivien

0 Kudos
MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Are you pushing the app as a public app through the EMM private Play Store?  It sounds like you are trying to publish the apk directly through the AW/WS1 console, which I don't think will work anymore.

0 Kudos
vivien-innovez
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Matthew,

I am not using Play Store. I am just using the airwatch app (Apps > BooksApplications > Internal) and add the APK there.
This works for iOS and works for Android 9 and below. If it doesn't work for Android 10+.

I read again the documentation and realize that actually we need to:
1- Upload the app in Play Store as internal app
2- The app will then be visible in airwatch as public app
Am I understanding it correctly?

Thanks for your feedback

Vivien

0 Kudos
MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@vivien-innovezYep.  That's the way to do it for consumer devices.  If your devices are rugged Android devices, you might also be able to publish without using the Play Store through the Products/Provisioning area.  I'm honestly surprised you were able to release through internal apps the way you describe.  I thought that was pretty much deprecated since Android 8 or so.

George596
Contributor
Contributor

It's possible, though rarely appropriate, to assign multiple foreground service types to a particular service.

ACES ETM

0 Kudos