VMware Workspace ONE Community
EricPlent
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

' Approved SIM' field blanked out on some devices after 1912 update

After updating our dedicated SaaS environment to revision 1912 on Friday, we began receiving reports from users in the field running Zebra TC57 devices (Android Oreo) that they could no longer make or receive phone calls. The devices are locked down and using Launcher to restrict the users from doing anything other than their designated job (limited use case). This problem has come up on about 50 devices out of roughly 1,200 currently in use. After doing some troubleshooting, I noticed that on the devices reporting the issue the ' Approved SIM'  field under ' Network'  was blank but the ' Current SIM'  field was still populated. As a test I tried re-populating the Approved SIM field with the SIM ID, and after a reboot the devices began working again. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was ultimately identified as the root cause? Based on the timing of our issue it seems likely the console update had a negative impact on our environment, but I am not certain why. So far none of our iOS devices have reported a problem.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
psiwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are experiencing the same issue. When you go to Device Details > More > Network Tab >  Blank field in the approved SIM field. Sometimes, there is more than one blank fields. This is causing our SIM Change Compliance policy to trigger and these devices are going out of compliance. I have edited the Approved SIM field and copied the Current SIM values into it. However, upon device query and re-evaluate the SIM Change Compliance policy, nothing happens. Device is still out of compliance. Only thing is I haven't tried rebooting the devices after the Approved SIM field update.

Few days ago we applied patch .28 which was supposed to address this issue but it doesn't look like it did.

Environment details:
Dedicated SaaS WS1 UEM 20.11.0.28
Apple iOS iPhone XR
iOS Version 14.4

UPDATE:
A normal reboot and a hard reset, Device Query and a SIM change compliance re-evaluation each time does not make any difference. Device is still out of Compliance for SIM change.

psiwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The work around at the moment to the issue we have in our environment is to:
1. Copy the Current SIM value in to the first blank field for Approved SIM.

2. Then add a new Approved SIM filed with a blank value (space). Then save that.

3. Go doe a device query

3. Manually re-evaluate the SIM change Compliance policy > Device goes into compliance.

No solution from VMWare yet.

0 Kudos
EricPlent
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ultimately this is what we did as well. I believe this was identified as a bug in the console which was addressed in a subsequent update. We are on 2102 currently and have not had any issue with this recently. 

0 Kudos
psiwi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you Eric,

They have back ported the fix to 2011 which we are on. patch .26 and .28 for 2011. But that I don't think has really fixed the issue. We are looking at upgrading soon so will plan for 2102. 

0 Kudos
MaximeLELEU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It work for us thanks a lot 🙂

0 Kudos