VMware Workspace ONE Community
skadann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Applications and Desktops Page Missing on Android and iOS clients

Horizon Workspace Version: 1.5.0.0

iOS / Android Client Version: Latest from App/Play Store

Android Devices: Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S4, Nexus 10

View is completely integrated into Horizon Workspace. Users can get a View Desktop from Workspace on a computer. I've entitled a few Android applications.

When I log into Horizon Workspace from any iOS or Android device, all I see are "Files", without a drop down or tab to switch to Applications or Desktops. I don't understand what I am missing to enable these features. There aren't any Horizon errors related to this problem, but I might not be looking in the right place.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
lkowalski
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The Administrator's Guide has a list of each client app and what the users can do in each client.

For the iOS client, it says:

"iPad users can view their entitled virtual desktops using Horizon View Client for iOS."

So are you trying the iOS app on an iPad or on an iPhone?

For Android, are you using the "Horizon Workspace Client for Android" app or the VMware Switch app for VMware Ready Android phones?

For the "Horizon Workspace Client for Android" app, the Administrator's Guide says that users can access files or Web applications, but not View desktops from that client app.

To enable the Applications tab in the client app, you'd need a Web application entitled to that user. Have you set up any Web applications in the Catalog to entitle to users?

skadann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've personally tried iPhones, but I am getting an iPad tomorrow to test with as well.

For Android, I am using "Horizon Workspace Client for Android". VMware Switch wouldn't let me use self-signed certifciates Smiley Sad

I see the pages you are referring to. I've seen client screenshots with the desktop tab, and didn't realize this was a limitation.

I do not have any Web Applications yet. I have referred mobile apps entitled though, the default mobile apps and a manually added "Reddit is Fun".

Thanks for clarification.

0 Kudos
skadann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I just entitled an Apple app under referred mobile apps, and this didn't change anything on the iOS side.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I want to make sure you are using  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vmware-horizon-workspace/id630718857?mt=8 from App Store for iOS. Entitled referred native apps and web apps should show under separate tabs.

skadann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok, so I am using the wrong iOS application. The correct one doesn't allow self-signed certificates either.

Should I expect the Android Horizon Workspace App to show referred native apps? It seems so...

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Yes Android should show both referred native and web apps. I'm attaching screen shots to help you navigate the UI.

device-2013-11-04-142758.pngdevice-2013-11-04-142831.png

device-2013-11-04-142859.png

0 Kudos
skadann
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah, I expect a drop down menu arrow next to "Files" but I don't have one. I just entitled the Webex Web App to users as well, and so I expect to see both a native and web application on my client.

Unlinked all my android devices and relinked them. The web application appears, but not the referred app. Eh, I bet that's just a configuration problem of the app itself.

So basically I can't get by with this demo build without a trusted certificate to get the features I need. Thanks!

Message was edited by: Daniel Helm

0 Kudos