VMware Workspace ONE Community
MatthiasJoestl
Contributor
Contributor

Application dependencies fail to install

Hello. I try to create an app dependency for a couple of applications. Unfortunately none of them are working.
I need Visual C++ Redistributable in the versions 2008, 2013 and 2015. Also I need Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 SP1.
I uploaded the corresponding setup exes and msi and created a dependency app for Windows 10 1803. Then I assigned them to some applications which needs them. All dependency apps are failing with something similar to this:
Event Data    New Value
Error Code  -2147467259
Application  Therefore
Application Version  2.0.0
Message Text  DEPENDENCIES_FAILED
Application Type  Internal
Application Bundle  {e8011f72-8902-4da4-9369-916de455041f}
Application ID  236
Description  Required dependency failed to install.

On the device itself the GUID folder for the app was created at C: or programdata or airwatchMDM or appdeployment cache. But the folders stay empty.
Example install command for SQL Compact 4.0 is: msiexec /i ' SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi'  /qn

What can I do?
regards, matt
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
dwunderlichinvt
Contributor
Contributor

I am also having issues getting the visual c++ redistributable to install either as a dependency or a stand-alone app. Subscribed for answers.
0 Kudos
AndreToussaintL
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,
I have try many times to create any dependency file, but none of them worked. Never.
So i create an internal application and I install it first and then I push the main application.
Have you found another solution since?
0 Kudos
MatthiasJoestl
Contributor
Contributor

Interestingly on my fresh installed VM it worked once! but then never again
0 Kudos