VMware Workspace ONE Community
BrianPitt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Application Removal - Profile Removal

When I change an application restriction to NOT remove the application when a profile is removed, devices that already had the application installed are still removing the app when a profile is removed. Is there a way to change this?

For example, I deployed an application initially with the Remove on Unenroll restriction selected. After the application was installed, I changed the restriction to NOT remove on unenroll. The device that already had the app installed on it still removed the app when the profile was removed. Does this mean the restriction that is in place when the application is deployed is what the device will use no matter change you make later?

Is there any way around this if the restriction setting was set to remove on unenroll when the app was pushed out?  LIke I said, changing the setting in the already active assignments doesnt seem to affect devices that were already installed....

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Frankly, this sounds like a bug...  I would probably start with contacting support.

What OS are you working with?

Good, bad, or ugly, sometimes I get the idea that some of these application-related pieces get set during the installation and grandfathered until the app is removed and reinstalled.  I'm not sure if this is by intent or oversight.

0 Kudos
BrianPitt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think I found solution.  If you change the setting to not remove on unenroll and then push the app out again to the devices that already have it installed, it stays installed on unenroll.  The re-install doesn't affect the app at all that I can tell as its already installed.  It doesn't remove and readd it or anything like that in the couple tests I've done

akmurthy876
Contributor
Contributor

Did it really work? When I set "Remove On Unenroll" to disabled and published again, it did not work

0 Kudos
BrianPitt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, it 100% worked.

I choose the app and the individual assignment.

For each assignment, I changed the restriction to not remove on unenroll.

Published the change.  No existing devices were affected (ie - app didnt reinstall or anything) and on profile removal, the apps stayed on the devices

0 Kudos