VMware Workspace ONE Community
GiorgioFalcone
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Application Configuration in Android Enteprise

Hi,

I'm testing the deploy of Lookout for Work on Android Enterprise with the help on Application configuration.

I made a first release of the app with just one parameter, and it went ok, then I decided to modify the parameters, but they don't change.

I clicked on ' send application configuration' , removed and reinstalled the application but new parameters are never downloaded… I'm on AirWatch 9.6.0.14 , anyone had a similar problem?

Thank you

Giorgio

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
abdalab
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Giorgio,
Did you check if the app is flagged as MDM Managed? also check the new parameters after the change as they are case sensitive in most cases. I will also check the troubleshooting logs for the device in question and also the pending/queue commands.
Regards,
AB
0 Kudos
GiorgioFalcone
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Abdala,

application is flagged as MDM managed, later i will check logs.
Just a question, you never had a problem like that? What version of AW are you using?

thank you
Giorgio
0 Kudos
AlexanderMuc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Giorgio,

you were able to solve this problem?

At 19.07.0.18 On-Prem I also have such a problem. If I approve an app with application configuration and assign it with app config values to devices, it works.
If I change the application configuration or if devices are newly enrolled, the config does not arrive at the devices.
' send application configuration'  has no impact on those devices.

Regards,
Alexander
0 Kudos
DTSupport
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I think we're seeing a similar issue with an onPrem 19.9.0.6 and a SAAS 19.12.0.1 environment.
During initial installation the internal Android App is configured correctly. When changing the configuration keys and pushing the changes with ' Send application configuration'  nothing happens. Only reinstalling or reenrolling the device gets the new configuration to the device.

Did any of you find a solution for that?

Kind regards,
Dennis
0 Kudos
AlexanderMuc
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I was able to fix the problem with my environments by removing and re-applying the Android EMM registration settings. (Of course with the same account)
If this workaround doesn't help you, you have to open a support ticket, because AppConfig problems can be very hard to troubleshoot.
WorkspaceOne-UEM pulls the XML schema from an app from GooglePlay. WS1-UEM renders the XML data so that admins in the UI can make the settings. WS1 then sends the payload directly to the hub app, which sends the config to that app.
However, WS1-UEM does not get any feedback whether the config was applied or not.

Regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
DTSupport
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Alex,

thank you. I will definitely suggest re-applying the Google Account for AE Registration.
But we are handling internal apps in this case, so I'm not sure how Google Play applies to this scenario. The internal apps don't provide an XML, or at least I've never seen a rendered App Config page as compared to the public Google Chrome app for example.
We will most likely open a ticket with VMware.

Kind regards,
Dennis
0 Kudos