VMware Workspace ONE Community
krinehart_invn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Apple iOS Passcode disabled & Data protection disabled

We are having an issue with iOS devices where during the enrollment process users get to the enable pass-code device and then things start to get weird. Basically the enrollment process on the phone changes from the other phones. The common theme that on these devices, their device shows ' Pass-code disabled'  it is not disabled. Also ' Data protection disabled' . It is not. I'm just trying to figure out what is causing this. In addition one of the standard apps we deploy as part of the profile sits at ' app not installed' . Status is ' assigned but not installed' . The phone shows it's ' Installing'  in the hub but it never installs. I can't figure out what it is. Doesn't seem to happen to older phones but I do see it on v12 up through v13 iOS. Does any of this sound familiar? Ken-

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
krinehart_invn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For those who may stumble on this thread, it turns out our Apple APNs had expired.  There is a process of renewing the APNs which I followed and it resolve the issue.

Ken-

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Not quite sure what's happening but I assume you already have a ticket open with support to troubleshoot further?
0 Kudos
krinehart_invn
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For those who may stumble on this thread, it turns out our Apple APNs had expired.  There is a process of renewing the APNs which I followed and it resolve the issue.

Ken-

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Glad to know you found your issue and solution. It's best pratice to set up calendar reminders to avoid any of them from expiring and interrupting services to your users.

0 Kudos