VMware Workspace ONE Community
mkoss
Contributor
Contributor

Apple DEP and VPP to Apple Business Manager - Migration

Hello, I am working towards migrating our Apple DEP and VPP portals over to Apple Business Manager. I have read as much as I could on the process, reached out to VMware Support, as well as Apple Business Support, and I feel I have a good overall understanding of the process but I have a few concerns.

From what I have seen, migrating DEP to ABM seems to be a breeze. The complicated part is associated with VPP to ABM. With our environment, it's relatively simple compared to most out there.

1. We have one admin account over our DEP and VPP portals
2. All of our child OUs in AirWatch are inheriting the sToken from the root level OU (We do not have unique sTokens applied at the child level OUs)
3. I will be assigning all of our applications to the default location in ABM.

Seeing other testimonials out there from others have made me nervous about performing this, but I know that it's a necessary prior to 12/1/19. Even after speaking with VMware Support, they mentioned that they have seen more migrations with issues than success. They mentioned that it sometimes has to do with the Apple Services end, and them not converting the licenses correctly.

If this is indeed a possible issue on the Apple end, then there's really not much that I can do to alleviate that. VMware Support did provide me solution that could be performed, if there is an issue. Basically I would need to mimic the purchased apps and their assignments on the public side, and then update the sToken. It sounds like a lot of unnecessary work that I would like to avoid if possible.

So I would like to hear, are there certain ' gotcha's'  or a process that should be followed when performing this to avoid any issues? Just curious what everyone else's success rate with this is.
Labels (1)
3 Replies
VitaliyKovalen2
Contributor
Contributor

No issues at all with DEP to ABM  and VPP to ABM. Very simple process.
0 Kudos
mkoss
Contributor
Contributor

Matthew, were you using 1 account for your DEP and VPP account? Are all of your Workspace UEM OUs inheriting the sToken from the root OU?
0 Kudos
dhutton
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos