VMware Workspace ONE Community
PETERJENKINS
Contributor
Contributor

App configuration issue

I approved the Pulse Secure client application under public apps. I fill out the application configuration items that I need and assign to Android 8 devices. The apps install but the configurations do not get pushed to the app on the device. Am I missing a step to get this to work?

I can create a VPN profile but it does not allow me to populate the realm and role and therefore will not tunnel network traffic through the corporate network.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

You may want to verify that the app in question does support application configuration. From my experience, there could be a specific one that you need to download either as a 3rd party app or an internal app that will support application configuration.
0 Kudos
PETERJENKINS
Contributor
Contributor

Verified. The client that I downloaded has the configuration page.
0 Kudos
LSIMM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Peter,

I've been working with AW support since June on the exact same issue for Citrix SSO app (VPN), which also does not receive the config.

They called it out as a resolved issue (AGGL-6017) in console v1909 release but it still doesn't work for us, so waiting on an update as to what's going on.  I would suspect your app is suffering the same issue.

Leo
0 Kudos
PETERJENKINS
Contributor
Contributor

It would make you wonder why they publish these things when they don't seem to work.
0 Kudos
PETERJENKINS
Contributor
Contributor

Major step missing in the deployment of apps with these configurations. Even though 'Send Configuration' is checked on the assignment page, you need to click 'Send Application Configuration' under More on the main page of the application. This is necessary whether the app is already on the device or has yet to be pushed to the device. Now, if I could just get the certificate to load...
0 Kudos
Dan_McGee
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Peter,
We utilize the Pulse Secure vpn app for our Android devices and have not seen the issue with the app configuration not being applied after the Pulse app is installed. We have seen a slight delay but that typically seems to coincide with the device having a poor Internet connection. We have also never had to manually click on the ' Send Application Configuration'  command. We are running v19.07.0.12 and the majority of our devices are running Android 9.

Have you opened a ticket with Pulse Secure support yet?
0 Kudos
PETERJENKINS
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting. Maybe it's an Android 8 thing. These are intrinsically safe tablets and Android 9 isn't available to them.
I knew that this wasn't a device connection problem as other settings apps were getting pushed to the device at the same time we were waiting for the Pulse configuration to come down.
Pulse Secure support couldn't seem to get past this issue being with the appliance. We tried explaining multiple times that this was a problem with the Android client.
I was on a support call with Airwatch when we discovered that this step was a requirement. 
0 Kudos