VMware Workspace ONE Community
geoken2
Contributor
Contributor

App catalog out of date

I have some apps that are pushed through VPP showing up int he app catalog. The apps in catalog are extremely out of date for some reason. is there a way to control/fix this?

This is on iOS using legacy catalog
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MHaagSoehner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey George,

1st: Are you talking about the App icons? AirWatch is not able to update app icons automatically at the moment, you can still upload them manually or I even think there is an SQL script if you're on-premise.
The device will download the newest app version regardless of the icon so the apps are only visually out of date.

2nd: You need to manually activate auto updates in AirWatch once you added an app via VPP. To do that, just go to Apps >> Native >> Purchased, select the app and click on Enable Auto-Updates. You can also update apps manually by selecting an app and clicking Update app, if you dont want auto updates.

cheers!
Max

0 Kudos
geoken2
Contributor
Contributor

I'm talking about the app versions mostly.

In many cases there are applications that are published twice. I believe it may be related to the fact that they are listed under purchased apps, but also listed again under public apps. We have a mixed environment, not all devices are DEP so we have to have the app listed twice.

In most cases this provides no issues, for example I only see one version of Content and Browser. But in some cases (eg Tunnel) I see the app listed twice in Catalog. But the two listings have different version numbers. In practice this doesn't cause any issues since, as you said, the device will pull down the newest version of the app regardless of what is shown in catolog. The only thing I was trying to resolve is the actual display of the two apps.
0 Kudos
MarkSchwantje
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Your devices don't have to be enrolled in DEP in order to utilize VPP apps.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

But if you would like to push VPP application without apple ID device must be supervised/in DEP.
0 Kudos
Stansfield
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You need supervised for their not to be prompts for vpp device based assignments, you do not need supervision to use it and prompt to install
0 Kudos