VMware Workspace ONE Community
markdp
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

App assigned but not installed on macbook pro

Hi 

Have a macbook pro on airwatch that i am trying to assign a purchased App on that is from VPP

I have tried assigning the app and forcing an install but keep getting the same message. Any ideas ? I have searched but only find a reference to Android

Get the message Out-Of Date App assigned but not installed. Last Action taken.:Install Command Ready for Device 

 

 

 

 

 

Labels (1)
Reply
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
moodydoom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I finally solved this for us today! I had a Mac that was just wiped and re-enrolled, but all the apps assigned to it had this same exclamation error when I hovered over the icon for each app that did not install. The device had all these apps before. However, none of the apps even appeared in the catalog to install. 

I looked at the apps that were assigned to all my macs, and I saw that there was a discrepancy that 5 devices were not "associated" with the apps. I ran multiple reports to determine which 5 were different, and then it became glaringly obvious. I knew for a fact that each of these devices had been "rebuilt" in the past due to some issue or another. 

When reviewing the other solution that is listed for this issue, it said to remove the app from WS1 and re add it, and voila, it works again. The problem with this idea is that solution would remove the app on all the other unaffected devices. 

This system is basically one huge database. That solution is basically saying to delete the record for the app on the db, and readd it. The system will see it as a new entry and all the devices will too. But not every device has this issue. Then it has to be the device! As I delved further, I saw the record for the one in question and in April it said in the status history was that it was compliant. But I know the tech JUST wiped it. Which means, the tech did not delete the record. 

So, what if the app association is stuck on that device record? What if the database entry for that app on that device was reporting back that it was already there, etc.? That led me to this theory, which we tried, and it worked!

1. From the console, delete the record for the device. (this will send an enterprise wipe command as well)

2. From the Mac on an open internet connection, open Terminal, and type sudo profiles -N 

This will basically prepare the mac to be re-enrolled with supervision. (which is a must have for us)

3. The Intelligent Hub app will pop up that it needs to be re-enrolled. Follow all the prompts, and a new device record will be created.

4. Very important: Once enrolled, open Intelligent Hub and acknowledge the privacy statement by clicking I UNDERSTAND. This will complete the requirements for the compliance engine to run. 

5. And just like that, all the apps install (that are set to auto) and the rest of the on-demand apps are available again!

This was a fun one!

Moody Molavi

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Bobwardt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi, did you get an answer to this as I have the same issue installing Symantec endpoint?

Reply
0 Kudos
moodydoom
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I finally solved this for us today! I had a Mac that was just wiped and re-enrolled, but all the apps assigned to it had this same exclamation error when I hovered over the icon for each app that did not install. The device had all these apps before. However, none of the apps even appeared in the catalog to install. 

I looked at the apps that were assigned to all my macs, and I saw that there was a discrepancy that 5 devices were not "associated" with the apps. I ran multiple reports to determine which 5 were different, and then it became glaringly obvious. I knew for a fact that each of these devices had been "rebuilt" in the past due to some issue or another. 

When reviewing the other solution that is listed for this issue, it said to remove the app from WS1 and re add it, and voila, it works again. The problem with this idea is that solution would remove the app on all the other unaffected devices. 

This system is basically one huge database. That solution is basically saying to delete the record for the app on the db, and readd it. The system will see it as a new entry and all the devices will too. But not every device has this issue. Then it has to be the device! As I delved further, I saw the record for the one in question and in April it said in the status history was that it was compliant. But I know the tech JUST wiped it. Which means, the tech did not delete the record. 

So, what if the app association is stuck on that device record? What if the database entry for that app on that device was reporting back that it was already there, etc.? That led me to this theory, which we tried, and it worked!

1. From the console, delete the record for the device. (this will send an enterprise wipe command as well)

2. From the Mac on an open internet connection, open Terminal, and type sudo profiles -N 

This will basically prepare the mac to be re-enrolled with supervision. (which is a must have for us)

3. The Intelligent Hub app will pop up that it needs to be re-enrolled. Follow all the prompts, and a new device record will be created.

4. Very important: Once enrolled, open Intelligent Hub and acknowledge the privacy statement by clicking I UNDERSTAND. This will complete the requirements for the compliance engine to run. 

5. And just like that, all the apps install (that are set to auto) and the rest of the on-demand apps are available again!

This was a fun one!

Moody Molavi