VMware Workspace ONE Community
pavithran_r
Contributor
Contributor

App Config for Enterprise (ACE) not working on Android Platform

Hi,

We are trying to use the app configuration functionality from the Workspace one and we are following the setup procedure as per this article.

It is working fine on iOS once, we installed the app and push the configurations we could able to grab and manage the things.

But so far we have tried both the options available for android, We have tried enabling the EMM options as well on airwatch. But seems nothing works for us.

1. Using App restriction as mentioned here.

While using this method we are getting an error that says " E/AirWatch_BaseMessage: Could not create SSL Socket Factory".

2. Using Android SDK as mentioned (Version 21.1) here.

We are referring to the documentation as mentioned here to integrate and Initialize the  SDK services but we are getting an error that says "E/AirWatchSDK: AirWatchSDKException AirWatch MDM Service Not Available".

Due to this, we got stuck in the implementation for Android. we have tried looking for other documentation and forum but so far nothing works.

I have attached our sample project, Airwatch configuration, and error messages we are getting,

Could anyone please look into this and suggest to us if we are missing anything / a different approach to achieve this? 

Labels (1)
5 Replies
MouhsineMEL
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I faced the same issue in Android 11 .

pavithran_r
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the details.

Have you figured out the root cause of the issue here / any alternate suggestions to achieve this functionality?

0 Kudos
MouhsineMEL
Contributor
Contributor

Hello pavithran

I m using the ZEBRA TC52 with Android 11, this device dis not containt SIM card (no IMEI) but we need Serial 

I got the same error when I try to init  SDKManager ,

: com.airwatch.sdk.AirWatchSDKException: AirWatch MDM Service Not Available

this isthe stackTrace :

stackTrace = {StackTraceElement[15] at 18017}
0 = {StackTraceElement at 18021} "com.airwatch.sdk.SDKManager.getInstance(SDKManager.java:563)"
1 = {StackTraceElement at 18022} "com.airwatch.sdk.SDKManager.init(SDKManager.java:286)"
2 = {StackTraceElement at 18023} "net.atos.cedre.MainApplication.lambda$initAirWatch$0$MainApplication(MainApplication.java:167)"
3 = {StackTraceElement at 18024} "net.atos.cedre.-$$Lambda$MainApplication$hYHzQp_X5z8mhYFJq4jZtxHGMyc.call(Unknown Source:2)"
4 = {StackTraceElement at 18025} "io.reactivex.internal.operators.observable.ObservableFromCallable.subscribeActual(ObservableFromCallable.java:42)"
5 = {StackTraceElement at 18026} "io.reactivex.Observable.subscribe(Observable.java:12030)"
6 = {StackTraceElement at 18027} "io.reactivex.internal.operators.observable.ObservableSubscribeOn$SubscribeTask.run(ObservableSubscribeOn.java:96)"
7 = {StackTraceElement at 18028} "io.reactivex.Scheduler$DisposeTask.run(Scheduler.java:579)"
8 = {StackTraceElement at 18029} "io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ScheduledRunnable.run(ScheduledRunnable.java:66)"
9 = {StackTraceElement at 18030} "io.reactivex.internal.schedulers.ScheduledRunnable.call(ScheduledRunnable.java:57)"
10 = {StackTraceElement at 18031} "java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)"
11 = {StackTraceElement at 18032} "java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:301)"
12 = {StackTraceElement at 18033} "java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1167)"
13 = {StackTraceElement at 18034} "java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:641)"
14 = {StackTraceElement at 18035} "java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:923)"

Thanks

pavithran_r
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your logs.

Any thoughts on how to overcome this error / alternate way to get the serial number into Android?

0 Kudos
MouhsineMEL
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

no way to get it , I used to impelement  the Airwatch SDK to retrive the custome setting  wich contains IMEI and Serial Number, but for Zebra TC52 , the AW SDK is not working for me.

And you ?

0 Kudos