VMware Workspace ONE Community
msweisberg18
Contributor
Contributor

Any way to record an Android device doing fully managed AE enrollment from start to finish?

I need to do a video demo of a AE fully managed enrollment from start to finish. I've seen some promotional videos on youtube so I am sure there is there a way to connect an android device to a computer and capture the video output and record it. Every time I have done this in the past, you couldn't do this until it got to the homescreen, because you had to enable developer mode and usb debug, which means you can't do a video of a fully managed device. I have an hdmi video capture card, just not sure what else I need.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RicardoPachecoR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The one app I have tried is ApowerMirror. You do have to have debug mode enabled, and sometimes it takes a while for the devices to be recognized. I loaded on Mac and recorded with QuickTime Player. I was able to do full MDM, Agent based enrollment recordings. Again, be patient. it works. There were other apps, but I couldn't get them to work. ApowerMirror was the only one. I used a Samsung Galaxy S7. Hope this helps you. 

0 Kudos
msweisberg18
Contributor
Contributor

So you did a work profile enrollment where the device was already setup and just downloaded the hub from the play store. I know this method works, I’ve used vysor to stream from the device to my computer and capture the home screen many times. But, this method requires developer mode and usb debug. 

I’m looking for fully managed/cope, where the device is factory wiped and it is first turned on. At the sign into play store screen, you do “afw#hub”. That puts it into fully managed/cope. 

I know there’s a way to output the video of the device and capture it from stat to finish, as I have seen videos of this, I just am not sure how this is done. 

0 Kudos
RicardoPachecoR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I didn't try anything from Factory reset with Android. It was for an Employee Owned device and post Hub install. In the early days I tried afw / AE, and it didn't work for me. So, I gave it up. Maybe I need to go back and try it again. Most of out COPE are iOS devices.

0 Kudos
MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

A lot of Android devices support HDMI output via the USB port on the device, either through a vendor-specific connector technology (Samsung...), USB On-The-Go (OTG), or similar.  You could then feed this HDMI feed to an HDMI capture card and record it to your computer using OBS or whatever software you prefer.

Those are my suggestions, anyhow.  The hardware will probably cost $25-$120 all told, depending on the quality you want.  You will have to check device compatibility on the HDMI output dongles.  But then you'd be able to record practically everything - maybe even the boot screen if you really wanted.

Or you could set up an emulator and do a screen capture on it.  I'm not entirely sure how well that would work, however.

0 Kudos
cynthiaclay
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, you can record a video demo of Android Enterprise (AE) fully managed enrollment from start to finish by using a combination of screen mirroring and a screen recording tool. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to achieve this:

1. Setup: Ensure you have the necessary tools and equipment:

• Android device (fully managed device)
  • Computer with HDMI video capture card (for screen mirroring)
  • USB cable to connect the Android device to the computer Screen recording software on your computer (e.g., OBS Studio, Camtasia, QuickTime on macOS)

2. Prepare the Android Device:

• Factory reset the Android device to start the AE fully managed enrollment process from scratch.
  • Connect the device to a Wi-Fi network to proceed with the enrollment process.

3. Enable Developer Options and USB Debugging:

• This step is essential for screen mirroring. However, you mentioned that you don't want to show the developer mode during the demo. You can try to enable USB debugging without showing the actual process on video by using an ADB command from your computer while the device is connected via USB:
adb shell settings put global development_settings_enabled 1
adb shell settings put global usb_debugging 1
​
YouTube Music Vanced APK
0 Kudos
kurtisstump
Contributor
Contributor

To record the Fully Managed Android Enterprise (AE) enrollment process, you can utilize the built-in screen recording feature on your Android device or opt for a third-party screen recording app from the Google Play Store.

If your device supports built-in screen recording, enable Developer Options and USB Debugging in the device settings. Access the screen recording option from the quick settings menu, start recording, and guide the device through the AE enrollment process.

Alternatively, if your device lacks this built-in feature, install a third-party screen recording app, configure the settings, and initiate the recording. Ensure that the selected app is reputable and complies with privacy standards.

As you guide the device through the AE enrollment steps, the screen recording app captures the entire process. Remember to stop the recording once the enrollment is complete. Finally, be mindful of legal considerations and privacy implications associated with screen recording, especially in business or enterprise environments.

Always handle any sensitive information captured during the enrollment securely, adhering to ethical and legal standards.

If you are recording using Spotify free or premium version then you must read this guide: https://spotypremium.com/record-spotify-to-mp3/

0 Kudos
ZombieSlayer
Contributor
Contributor

I've only been able to get this to work with a samsung device, never with any other OEM. Using an elgato or any other video capture device, you can record it. I got this working a couple of years ago.

0 Kudos