VMware Workspace ONE Community
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Android set default keyboard

Hey Community,

Maybe someone knows if there is some possibility to set custom or some third party keyboard as default from UEM console ? We have situation that some web pages allow user to copy/paste text only with using ctrl+c/ctrl+v and for some brands default keyboard are missing ctrl button, so that mean we need to somehow change keyboard. As we have wuit a lot of device with this issue it would be fine do it somehow automatically. 

7 Replies
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any idea?

0 Kudos
jerk_store
Contributor
Contributor

I think there is a specific command for this, although it would have to be sent via xml as it is not in the console.  I'll see if I can dig up the exact call and value...

larmst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'd appreciate that xml string, if you can provide it.

0 Kudos
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey jerk_store

Had you time to dig about this ?

0 Kudos
jerk_store
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, my attempts did not work...this seems like it should be possible though.  

I will keep looking and definitely post if I can get it to work.  

0 Kudos
MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@jerk_store 

You could use an App Control blacklist/profile to hide the keyboards you don't like.  Then, I think, the device would default to the only remaining keyboard app.  I'm assuming keyboards have com IDs just like regular apps.

0 Kudos
EdK2020
Contributor
Contributor

On Samsung devices you can use the Knox Service Plugin to help with this

https://play.google.com/work/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.knox.kpu

in the app config section, enable the DO settings, then under Device Settings -> Set Input Method

put the package name of the keyboard in there

0 Kudos