VMware Workspace ONE Community
MDF1
Contributor
Contributor

Android enrollment issues with Workspace One/Airwatch?

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue or if it's just me. Just this morning for our Android device enrollments using Samsung Knox we are getting an error (this happens after the Airwatch enrollment process starts, but before login credentials are requested):

"Can't setup the device

Can't use the admin app. It's missing components or is corrupted. For help, contact your admin. "

During the enrollment workflow Knox seems to successfully send the device to Airwatch, but then we get the above error message.

This may be irrelevant and tied to my lack of understanding of APK files... but I tried downloading the management APK file referenced in the the Knox setup just to see.

https://discovery.awmdm.com/mobileenrollment/airwatchagent.apk

It downloads a file, but I couldn't open the archive (normally for APK files I can open them in tools like 7zip).

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Matt1010
Contributor
Contributor

We are having the same issue.  Clearly seems like the Android Agent hosted on that URL is corrupt.  We opened up a support ticket, but no luck yet.

0 Kudos
MDF1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info. We do have a ticket open and got a response... they said "I think I've seen a few other customers today submit cases with similar behavior, so I am going to check with my team this afternoon to see if there is some ongoing issue or not as well."

For what it's worth the QR code enrollment inside Workspace ONE directly seems to work OK (but doesn't play nicely with a Knox enrolled device). 

0 Kudos
Matt1010
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like they must have replaced the bad build since it's working for us now....so you might want to try again.

0 Kudos
MDF1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! Yes, I seem to be able to enroll now through Knox.  

0 Kudos
Draco787
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever found the solution? we have currently a support request with vmware, having exactly the same issue.

0 Kudos
MDF1
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if you are still having the problem today but one solution is to change the URL in Knox to Workspace ONE. Instead of using the Airwatch hosted URL it will grab it from the Play Store URL instead. It automatically fills out the https://play.google.com/managed/downloadManagingApp?identifier=hub URL. I think older deployments still have that "awmdm" URL above in their Knox. 

adjokaj
Contributor
Contributor

I had to create an account  just to say that this response worked!!

I had an open ticket for 2 days with no support.

thank you so much

0 Kudos
adjokaj
Contributor
Contributor

here is where i changed the url:

Devices > Lifecycle > Staging > List View > Configure Enrollment > Android > QR Code

adjokaj_0-1670421565629.png

0 Kudos
d_shark
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys, 

Getting this issue again. Wondering if you's are experiencing the same? It happen 2 weeks ago but then Airwatch advised it was fixed. 

Thanks

David

0 Kudos
jawwad87
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone else having Enrolment issues on A51?

We have a customer and have had two instances where the users are unable to enrol their A51 device on AIrwatch. (Android Enterprise)

Comes up with an error message "Enrolment Blocked"

Tried to enrol a test S8 device and it worked without any issue.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
callmegibby
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you using Samsung Knox? I am assuming that error message pops-up when its at the hub stage? 

0 Kudos
jawwad87
Contributor
Contributor

yes it does.. comes up with the error message "enrolment blocked" as soon as I try to enrol

the device enrols fine on Intune but doesnt work on Airwatch

0 Kudos