VMware Workspace ONE Community
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Android catalog name and icon

I changed the name of the catalog to something else and also uploaded my own icon.  Works fine on Apple, but on android neither the catalog icon nor the name are changed.  I have legacy catalog on for Android however the icon shows the name ' App Catalog'  with the original icon.  I do not see where it's getting that name from and nothing in the catalog page to denote iOS only.

Thanks.

Steve
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Mine did this on some of my devices too when I created a new sub OG and I ended up going to the new catalog in the Hub instead because I couldn't get it to display the icon I assigned instead of that old school AW blue folder. Are you setting this at the top OG or a sub OG?

Maybe this might help you figure it out...  https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/1907/System_Settings_On_Prem/GUID-AWT-APPS-CATAL...
0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Elizabeth.  Isn't the standalone catalog used for non MDM enrolled devices?  So since I'm using the legacy and Hub based catalog that wouldn't apply?  Not sure. 

This is configured on a sub OG.  So have my company at the top, then a BYO OG under that.  Then the devices are in a BYOD OG under there but everthing is inherited from the BYO OG.  Works flawless on iOS. 
0 Kudos
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Oops. I was looking at the wrong page. Go one up from that one. Also, I know this sounds weird but sometimes it works - turn off legacy for Android > Save > turn it back on > save. See if that helps give it a swift kick in the shorts. 🙂 As an alternative... not that it is something that you really want to do, but you could always create it as a bookmark and auto-deploy it yourself via profile delivery. I have the opposite issue where sometimes the iOS one doesn't deploy but Android is pretty consistent and what I have to do is add the users that contact support about it missing, to a smart group to deploy it to their device. sucks but that's my workaround.
0 Kudos