VMware Workspace ONE Community
CharlesTchia
Contributor
Contributor

Android and certificates

We deploy a cert with our wifi payload. With iOS devices, from a certificate authority view you see 1 cert issued and on the device you see 1 cert installed. We have just introduced Samsung A8 into our environment and when enrolling, notice from the CA 3 certs are issued but on the device see only 1. Is this normal?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BenCrawford
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever happen to figure this out? I have a similar problem where iOS will request a cert an keep it but andoid devices request a new cert at least daily and sometimes multiple time a day. Same CIP for each, just a different profile for the OS's but there is no clear option prevent constant enrollment. 

0 Kudos
CharlesTchia
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ben

Apologies for the delay in responding, I don't venture here as much anymore, and I thought we used to get notified when someone replies to a post? anyway...

Unfortunately I don't recall the exact fix since we've gone through a few versions of upgrade since when I had the issue. What you're saying about the android devices requesting a new cert daily seems a bit weird. What is the life span and request settings on your CA for the cert template? For example ours are set at 90 days for duration but 30 days at request, so there's a 60 day window for the device to renew the cert.

Also are you using Android Enterprise now?
0 Kudos
BenCrawford
Contributor
Contributor

Any luck on figuring out this issue? Can report that we have the exact same problem. iOS requests 1 cert and sticks with it. Any of our android users however can get 25+ certs issued in a day. Overtime this goes as far to overwhelm the AD store and will not let any extended attributes be written as the allotted storage for the AD user object is full. Removing all the certs will correct the AD problem, and hey since a new cert will just issue in about an hour or less, it doesn't disrupt the user at all. This has been on going for years now and at first it never did this. So either an WSO or android update somewhere along the line caused this. So far I have been unsuccessful in finding the root of the issue.

0 Kudos