VMware Workspace ONE Community
GarethTyrerGare
Contributor
Contributor

Android Work Managed Set Wallpaper

Is it possible to set the wallpaper on an Android device for corporate branding without using the Launcher? I was wondering if it were possible to do it via provisioning/staging, so copying the image to the device and then somehow using either ' apply custom settings'  or ' run intent'  to call the setbitmap function on Android. But there isn't much documentation on using any of these actions or perhaps there is another way of doing this that I missed?
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
4 Replies
anonymousmigrat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have received the same request by a customer the other day. Maybe there is a chance doing it with a custom device-profile but as of know I´ve not seen anything else according branding beyond Enterprise-Apps and Launcher. Subscribing this thread. ,-)
0 Kudos
KimAndreVigemyr
Contributor
Contributor

Also subscribing here.
I see both Manage Engine and Hexnode can change Android wallpapers. Should be able to do in WS1 aswell.
0 Kudos
NelsonChow
Contributor
Contributor

Very keen to know the solution for this basic function as well.
0 Kudos
Paul741
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looking for the same thing. I have some devices with launcher and of course there I can set a wallpaper. But I have another batch with just a profile with no launcher, and I'd like to set a wallpaper anyway. AFAIK I can only see the "allow change wallpaper" checkbox on the restrictions payload of the profile, but I cannot find how to set it.

Apparently it's possibile under iOS environment in Settings > Devices & Users > Apple > Apple IOS > Managed Settings Requested, but there's no such thing for Androd. Too bad...

0 Kudos