VMware Workspace ONE Community
Bencol96
Contributor
Contributor

Android - Outlook Application configuration

Hey all,

I'm been successful in sending down configuration using the configuration keys via the app deployment in WS1 however outlook goes through the entire add account process then presents the following error 'Work managed device. your device is managed by your organisation, only a work account can be added the account will be removed'.

Any ideas how I can allow outlook to load account settings in?
I've removed all restrictions payloads.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ben I would reference the info found in these two guides, everything you need to get it up and going can be found there. I'm going to guess you probably just have a typo somewhere which is throwing it off.

Account setup in Outlook for iOS and Android using Basic authentication | Microsoft Docs

Deploying Outlook for iOS and Android app configuration settings | Microsoft Docs

0 Kudos
Bencol96
Contributor
Contributor

hey Boe thanks for your reply I have followed the Microsoft guides Im presently using ModernAuth via app Configuration this does configure and allows the account to be added initially but the app then displays a message saying this is blocked and you have to press okay before it removes the account from the settings, I've found away to close the app and send another custom XML payload at the app clearing this message which then allows for the app to be used.

However this is not very clean and I would like to remove this barrier entirely I cannot see any policies coming from AirWatch/WS1's end.

0 Kudos