VMware Workspace ONE Community
igorvasylenko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Android, Not allowed to enroll your device

Hello!

I am testing Workspace ONE as android MDM solution and trying to enrol some fully-managed devices with a QR code after factory reset. However, getting the "Enrollment Blocked, You are not allowed to enroll your device." error every time.

I use android 8 and android 10 devices,

done EMM registration and tested connection,

removed any enrolment restrictions & tried adding those in various combinations,

modified different settings in Devices - General - Enrollment,

tried different users (all with "basic" security type) and different User & Child Organization Groups,

used QR code with/without group id & user credentials..

I was able to enrol (invite) a non fully-managed device, just by downloading Hub app and logging in. Also, I am using a trial account, and seem to have no permission to create tickets.

Feels like something is missing in configuration. Does anyone have an idea what this might be? I can't find anything else to try.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
telkington
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi, ensure that the following settings are disabled:

Settings - Devices & users - General - Enrollment - Management Mode (Android disabled)

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
DimitrijPrudkij
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Igor,

if you try it to enroll as Enterprise device ? Which console version if you have ? 

0 Kudos
igorvasylenko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello Dimitrij, thanks for reply.

The console version is 21.1.0.1,

and yes, I am trying to enrol work-managed enterprise devices.

Have "Android Enterprise" enabled and "Android Legacy" disabled in "Enrollment" settings. Though tried allowing legacy too..

0 Kudos
telkington
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi, are you sure the device is deleted from previous enrolments? Maybe look at https://www.wsouem.com/workspace-one-uem-airwatch-enrollment-blocked-device-not-approved/

0 Kudos
telkington
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi, also please check that "Open Enrollment" is selected:

Groups & Settings > All Settings > Devices & Users > General > Enrollment, and selecting Open Enrollment.

0 Kudos
igorvasylenko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello telkington, thanks for suggestions!

Though did try this already. No records in "Enrollment status", also attempted with few different devices, that were never enrolled before.

And I kept open enrolment mode. Also, did try "Registered Devices Only" too, in combination with add - Register Device and Allow Devices (by IMEI) from "Enrollment status" page. Not entirely sure what that did, but saw no change to error message I'm getting.

0 Kudos
J4yJ4y
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please check if the account that you are using for the enrollment is member of one of  the assignment groups listed in the Console settings.

In " Android EMM regstration/Enrollment restrictions" ....

J4yJ4y_0-1612790924716.png

0 Kudos
telkington
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi, ensure that the following settings are disabled:

Settings - Devices & users - General - Enrollment - Management Mode (Android disabled)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
igorvasylenko
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah, I did have Android enabled in Management Mode.

And now I'm able to enrol android devices after disabling that setting.

Thanks telkington, thanks all!

0 Kudos
SoporteIrura
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

same problem here and have reviewed all you have posted here, i need some help, please.

I can enroll any device manually entering android and installing hub later, but when enrolling automatically via Knox ME profile i get the error "you are not allowed to enroll any device". It has been working for years (J5, S8, S9, A20, A21) but know suddenly i have this error (Xcover, A32, A52).

All devices are Samsung, and can enroll S8, S9 devices (android 9) but can not enroll A32, A52, Xcover devices (Android 10).

thks in advance.

0 Kudos
MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

I think something changed in the latest HUB.  We are having issues with Camera disappearing during enrollment.  Support says the OS is tagging things differently, but it is 100% related to the HUB app, not the OS.  I'd say open a support ticket.

0 Kudos
telkington
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi please check EMM registration in Settings-devices and users - Android. Ensure that legacy Android enrollment is not selected. Android 10+ does not support Android Legacy Enrollment 

SoporteIrura
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

checked and ok., Legacy is not selected.

0 Kudos