VMware Workspace ONE Community
TA_Jones
Contributor
Contributor

Android Launcher on 1907.

Just upgraded to 1907, we are using Android for Work, our devices are locked down with the Workspace One Launcher.    I have disabled allow notification bar but on the tablet I can swipe down and pull up the notification menu.   I have this behavior on Launcher version 3.2.1.2 and on version 4.3.0.41.    Is anyone else experiencing this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
efortinalaskaai
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I got hit with this yesterday. Apparently its a known bug in 1907 but 1908 has not been released yet. The fix is too add the launcher apk to the product but since you are using profiles Im not sure.

0 Kudos
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Oh gracious. This could be a problem for me because I have it blocked on some devices as well and have them set to auto-update public apps.
0 Kudos
efortinalaskaai
Contributor
Contributor

Crazy that is a known bug, yet they let us upgrade. ha
0 Kudos
TA_Jones
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, after working with support. In the custom launcher settings: I had to add this:

<parm name=' SkipCosuSetup'  value=' True' />

<parm name=' allowStatusBarExpansion'  value=' False'  />

This prevents the pull down of the notification bar. It pulls down but you quickly goes back up. Effectively it's disabled in a round about way.

0 Kudos
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Can you edit your response and put the XML in there for me? For some reason it gets stripped until you edit the post. Weird!

0 Kudos
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thank you for sharing!
0 Kudos