VMware Workspace ONE Community
alouie397
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Android Launcher- not able to click on Wifi setting or Screen lock- message lock to app mode has been turned on

Created a Profile for Android Launcher not the Legacy. App mode is Multip App. Configured everything.  In the Launcher profile I have wifi setting enabled.
But on the Samsung Tablet when I click on settings Wifi or Screen lock I get the message Lock to app mode has been turned on. It was working last month in November. I didn't change anything. Is there something I'm missing here. Is there a setting for Lock to app mode.  This device is a work managed device and my restriction profile, I don't see may Lock to app mode.
Labels (1)
13 Replies
hervehireche
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I faced same issue and I solved it by adding an HiddenApp in my launcher profil.
here is the hidden app's settings :
Name : Settings
ApplicationID : com.android.settings

Hope this will help you.
0 Kudos
alouie397
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

thank you that worked for me, your a life saver.
0 Kudos
RossPitts
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
MikeBykat
Contributor
Contributor

This doesn't seem like a secure fix because if you hit the back button you can get into all the settings of the device and make any changes, at least I can on my 8.1 Android. Has anyone else seem a proper fix for this?
0 Kudos
cjan
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue, current solution isn't secure enough for us
0 Kudos
CaseyMurdock
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue as well
0 Kudos
Bhamlin
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone found a way to do this without allowing all settings? 
0 Kudos
BrandonOKC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Not sure what Workspace One version each of you are using but on version 1811 inside the Launcher Config Profile you have an option to lock down settings more granular than just default config. After setting that my devices are only able to access the settings I allow per the granular restriction set inside the Launcher profile. Also launcher version installed is 4.1 on Android running 8.1.

0 Kudos
evandrocaires
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, I was with this same problem here. Running Android 7 and 8, single or multi app, and with the 4.3 Launcher version I was not able to see the status bar, use home or app manager physical buttons, edit wifi and bluetooth settings. So I did a rollback to 3.3 Launcher version and then all of those problems disappeared. I hope that this tip helps you and other people with these same troubles.

0 Kudos
Bhamlin
Contributor
Contributor

I worked with support and they added a custom payload in the Launcher profile.  So inside of Launcher allow whatever settings you want and then configure a custom payload and added the below. This allowed me to get to all the settings within Launcher but when you select back it doesn't let you into the rest of the settings.

0 Kudos
Bhamlin
Contributor
Contributor

<characteristic type=' com.airwatch.android.androidwork.launcher'  uuid=' 568bc89d-1df8-4ce9-a041-e5a24acdb7ec' >

<parm name=' SkipCosuSetup'  value=' True' />

</characteristic>

0 Kudos
evandrocaires
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome, I've tried here this custom payload and it worked all of the phone features with the latest version of Launcher! Thanks Ben.
0 Kudos
ShamisAhmed
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing the same issue. I have added com.android.settings as hidden app and implemented the custom payload but still the launcher is exposing few other settings like
' Notification, lock screen, face recognition, accounts and back ups, google, advance features, apps, general management, about phone' .
We are having Android 9 and launcher 4.5. Let me know if someone has the same issue.
0 Kudos