VMware Workspace ONE Community
larmst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Android Launcher blocking alarm/timer sound and popups?

I am running Launcher on Samsung Knox-able Android 10 phones, and recently added the Samsung clock/alarm/timer app (com.sec.android.app.clockpackage) for one of my user groups.

However, Launcher seems to be blocking the sound and pop-up of the alarm and timers. Notification bar is allowed.

I tried adding several dependency APKs (sound picker, sound picker sec, multi sound) to address the issue, that did not solve it. Went to VMware docs, I tried this XML string as suggested:

...popups will only show if the app sending the notification sets a notification channel to show popups, but this custom XML bypasses that behavior. For generating popup for all allowed apps: 

<characteristic type="com.airwatch.android.androidwork.launcher" uuid="568bc89d-1df8-4ce9-a041-
e5a24acdb7ec">
<parm name="ShowPopupNotification" value="True"/>
</characteristic>

I am not using the Restrictions (KNOX) payload, so all popups, toasts, overlays, or whatever else Android calls these should be allowed.

What am I missing here? These are not heavily restricted phones, they just run Launcher to keep users out of the settings. Notification bar access is allowed.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
larmst
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I gave up on the Samsung app, tested the Google Clock alternative (com.google.android.deskclock). It worked with no tweaks, so I pushed it out the devices successfully.

Lesson learned, yet again: avoid Samsung software whenever possible

0 Kudos