VMware Workspace ONE Community
DanielRiekenber
Contributor
Contributor

Android Enterprise Managed Play Store empty

Hi,

does anyone else has problems with the managed Google Play Account on Android Enterprise Work Managed Devices (with Work Profile)? On my test deployments the devices receive the Play Account but the Play Store is completely empty. All assigned apps are missing. The devices were deployed using the AirWatch Relay App (NFC).

OnPremise 1907.

Thanks and regards,
Daniel
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

I would assume the apps were in fact added and approved in your managed Google Play Store account?
0 Kudos
DanielRiekenber
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

yes of course. The deployment worked a few weeks ago without any config changes. I already checked the apps on the ' play.google.com/work'  page an they are all approved.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Daniel if you open up the Hub do the apps show up in there?
0 Kudos
DanielRiekenber
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

the Apps are visible in the app catalog on the device but cannot be installed from there since the managed Play Store is empty. The app installation status on the devices in the Airwatch Console is ' Failed' . There are no errors on the troubleshooting tab of the devices.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Daniel did you happen to create App Collections inside the Managed Google Play Store by chance. The default is the apps are all dumped into one location but if you went in and created groups to sort your apps you have to go back in and move them to the correct group afterwards.

This process is dumb and once you create a app collection you can never go back to the normal default. If you did just go back in as if you were going to select another app but instead on the left side click Organize apps and then add the app you want to your collection you created and you should be all set.

0 Kudos
DanielRiekenber
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I just created App Collections but with the same result.
In the GEM Log I notices the service is looking for a certificat in the localmachine store that is not available. At least I cannot find a Certificate with this specific thumbprint. Does anyone know why this is happening?
0 Kudos