VMware Workspace ONE Community
CharlesTchia
Contributor
Contributor

Android Enterprise: Failed to create the install URL

Anyone seen the above error before? I'm getting it with a Google Pixel 2 XL and 3 XL.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I assume people have had success enrolling Pixel 6 and Android 12 into WS1 after applying the seed script?  I'm wondering if my profile problem has anything to do with the fact that the user transferred data from his old pixel to the new one using the cable transfer method.  I know with iOS people restoring from backup is a real pain and we have to enterprise wipe their new device and remove the record from WS1 in order to get them to install their phone in MDM.  Wonder if it's similar with Android somehow.

0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Interesting  I know after applying the script higher up in the thread I was able to enroll my Pixel 3A with Android 12 in MDM so wonder if there is anything different to it.

0 Kudos
JacquesPerrolle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'll post after applying it and see if that user can enroll or not.

0 Kudos
syarbrou
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The prior script fixed it for my other devices but the new one just posted didn't do anything for the Pixel 6.  Well it gets pasts the URL message but not the inability to install Android Enterprise on the device.   Though should say that I installed the script prior to testing on my devices, just had the user with the Pixel 6 error out and then tried the script, then I tested my enrollment so who knows.

0 Kudos
matttye
Contributor
Contributor

So I'm running into this for the first time today.  Our first Pixel 6 running Build number SD1A.210817.036.  Our Workspace One environment is on-prem, 2008.  So far we have 13 devices enrolled that are running Android 12, but this is the first Pixel 6.  Do we have confirmation from VMware that the DB script linked earlier in this thread actually fixes the issue?  Thanks.  

0 Kudos
RouvenBauhof
Contributor
Contributor

In my case, the fix worked and I enrolled Pixel 6 (Android 12)

0 Kudos
JacquesPerrolle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I could have sworn that I'd posted that it worked, but clearly not.
Yes the seed script did work.

0 Kudos