VMware Workspace ONE Community
MartinJ1
Contributor
Contributor

Android EMM

After setting up Android EMM Registration I joined a new phone to Airwatch. The company I work for want the phones to be 'work managed devices'. This makes the google play store unavailable. The issue we are having is with the Airwatch App catalogue that we have. When we select an app we wish to install, on the handset, it just says 'processing' and nothing happens.
If you close the Airwatch App catalogue, and re-open it, the app which was previously selected for installing (that was stuck on 'Processing') is no long 'processing' but instead reverted back to the option of 'install'.
On previous versions of android, before EMM registration, whenever we selected an app to install via the Airwatch App catalogue, the user would be redirected to the google playstore to download the application.
As users no longer have access to the playstore we need to be able to 'allow' the app installations from the Airwatch App Catalogue that we have created.
Could you assist with some information or possible fix please?
Thankyou.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
MatthewSwenson
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Our devices are all "work-managed devices", and they all have access to the managed Play Store.  There is something not quite right with your setup as best I can tell...  Are you certain you haven't accidentally blocked the Play Store from running with a whitelist or blacklist?  Or maybe turned it off during enrollment?

0 Kudos