VMware Workspace ONE Community
MarkusBuchman
Contributor
Contributor

Android Contacts Profile

We have a unique situation where I work.  I have been trying to figure out the easiest way to accomplish by setting up a profile...but have not have any luck.  One of our departments has a list of contacts that they currently keep updated in a stand alone Gmail account.  They would like to push the contacts to a handful of devices (Android and I Phones).  The issue I am having is AirWatch 1902 only includes EAS as an email option which the gmail account does not support.  I was looking at a couple of options, would appreciate anyone's advice/help on the matter.
   Option 1:  Somehow setup a profile for the Gmail account that only includes contacts (do not know if possible)
   Option 2: Have the department move the contacts to an internal account and then push the contacts via EAS (without email, only contacts), do not know if possible to setup profile to not include email and only include contacts.
Thanks for your help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert

Gmail is supported if your Android devices are enrolled as Android Enterprise (or Android for Work).

Are you a G-suite customer?

I know it's possible to allow syncing of Contacts only if you have Secure Email Gateway in place, but not sure if you can specify which devices can which can't sync.
0 Kudos
Amidah
Contributor
Contributor

U could use a VCF file stored on online share file service and share like a weblink to actualize the Contacts. It´s most working solution but it works. They dont have real time sync but they can have most of the time the latest Contacts.
0 Kudos