VMware Workspace ONE Community
JacquesPerrolle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Android BYOD/POMD MAM (Boxer) enrolled user issues

On-Prem, v21.05.

BYOD Android users who have MAM enrolled using Boxer started having issues last week with Boxer kicking them out and then now allowing them back in and telling them "unable to configure account". This appears to be related to a new version of Boxer being released and the app getting updated.

Sometimes the user has to call out Wireless Office to get the object in the console deleted, then uninstall the app, restart the device, reinstall the app, and then reenroll. Some further reports are that it then only works for an hour and then breaks again.

Anyone else experiencing this issue before I open a ticket with VMware?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CathalHenry1
Contributor
Contributor

I am also seeing this issue. in some cases a reinstall appears to fix the issue. Did you get a resolution to this? 

0 Kudos
JacquesPerrolle
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For us, sometimes a reinstall worked, sometimes it didn't. I think I am looking at 2 separate issues here too.

1. The new Boxer client seems to break the MAM process and the only fix has been to delete/reinstall/reenroll.

2. We had "Inactivity" enabled as "Managed Device Policies", and despite these being MAM enrolled it appears that was having an effect on the devices. Disabling this caused (complaints about) the issue to go away.

For whatever reason our Android MAM population is our most problematic. Devices that get enrolled don't seem to get fully enrolled, then subsequently aren't "checking in" when they get mail. We change the in-console friendly name upon enrollment, and 99.9% of iOS devices change, and maybe 20% of Android change, which is typically a sign that the device will be a problem later for both users and wireless staff. Do you see anything like that?

0 Kudos