Hi all, wondering if this is something with just our environment or if others are experiencing this too. Everything with our apps with App Configs had been working for years until this Monday. As it happens our SaaS environment was updated to 220.127.116.11 (2206).
We are having an issue with app configs on newly deployed Android phones (currently testing with Android 9 and 12, all devices Corporate - Dedicated). (the App Configuration settings are in the Apps section, under App> Assign > Add Assignment > Application Configuration > Send Configuration > fill out the list of fields).
At least two separate apps we are using with app configs do not seem to be getting the configs from WS1 UEM when a new phone is setup.
We have been able to get around it by reinstalling the app from the App Catalog which usually helps (throwing in a reboot sometimes does the job). Not sure if the "Send Configuration" button would help, but I'm hesitant to push the whole config every time a device is added.
Under the user's device in Devices > Details View > (User's Device) > Apps > (click on App with App Config) it looks like it has the right assignment even when it's not working.
But I'm wondering what happened as this is inconvenient and if anyone else is seeing this.
Yeah I'm having the same issue with our VPN app config, I've raised a ticket with WS1 as even reinstalling the app didn't seem to work, the only thing that did seem to work was excluding the device from the app then removing the exclusion which effectively reinstalls it with the config, looks to be a bug in this version (also running 2206!)
Well good to know we're not the only ones experiencing this.
VMWare tech support also finally responded to me on Friday: "We have opened a ticket with Google for this issue as we have other customers experiencing similar behavior"
Not sure if this will help out, but when this first happened it was for 100% of new deployments that we would be missing configs. Now, it's more like 50/50 - we might get the config, might not. (There have been three minor patches to our SaaS environment since Aug 9 when we first experienced this problem. Not sure if this is related).
In addition to reinstalling the app there is another option of using the "Send Config" button from the Application's page in WS1, which seems to work (not very useful when setting up a brand new phone mind you). Or, opening the app's deployment page and choosing "Save and Publish" seems to do the same thing.
Thanks for that, appreciate it, I'm trying to stay away from doing anything that could affect all devices, hopefully there's a resolution soon, in addition to this issue there seems to be issues with Google apps being pushed also, although that seems to an ongoing issue for a while now!
Also, we are having an issue when we try to push the new profile on the Android profile and internal application as well as the android devices cant receive the profile, and the profile status on the console is grayed out.
We noticed this issue after upgrading the UEM to 2206
I just installed 2206 and am having this issue also. None of my AppConfigs are delivered when setting up a new device. Had to update the config, Install it from the app list of specific devices, or re-push the config to devices.
So it looks as though there's a bug on Google's end with the app config being pushed, apparently when a device is enrolled into WS1 it uses Google EMM play app install API to check install status and then pushes the app config, however Google do not see the device enrolled on their end at that point. Google currently investigating.
I am not able to replicate this in my 22.03 environment. I have also noticed it fails about 60% of the time on A10 devices and 100% of the time on A8 devices. I don't have any issues with my A11 devices.
Just an update for everyone here, I received a message this morning from WS1 advising Google should've now resolved this issue, I've enrolled 2 devices successfully, hoping it's fixed for everyone.
Thanks gjohal. I also got the update from the VMWare team last week that the issue may have been resolved on Google's end.
I haven't done tons of tests yet, but was able to get 3 successful app configs in a row for one Android 9 phone and two for another Android 12 phone. I think it may be OK, but would be more comfortable with more enrollments to verify. Anyways, if others are seeing this as well then hopefully this one has been resolved. Thanks.
I've run through quite a few A11, A10, and A8 devices (50-100 tests) and it looks like the issues have disappeared after gjohal said the issues were fixed. VMWare has not responded to my ticket yet though. I would actually suggest the configs are delivered faster than they used to be. But I don't have the proper data collected to prove that. Just a feeling.