VMware Workspace ONE Community
Francoisg59
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Android 8 Honeywell device and Workspace One

Hello,

We are using Workspace One 19.07 and Android devices in 8.1. We are using the Legacy mode with a launcher menu.
when i enroll an Android Device in 8.1, the enrolement is good. The hub in 19.7.0.75 seems to work well but
Managed Apps stay in ' Downloading'  mode. Even the Launcher (Com.airwatch.lockdown.launcher) stay at this state.

I checked all parameters and gave all necessary rights to install applications but nothing change.

Could someone help us ?

Thanks a lot beforehands
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Francoisg59
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After a lot of search and tests, i finally found the solution with the help of the online support : For Android Devices with a version more than 7, The Android Device should have

access to www.google.fr. And in that case, the launcher will download from internal and applications also will download. It's a little bit crazy but it works well.

For me, it has to just add a proxy to all devices to get access to google.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AbrahamSanchez
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not sure if you are AD integrated, on prem or SASS. Have you check to make sure you have enough assigned licenses for the app you are trying to download. Also, not sure how you have your single app mode setup  How is your build setup including profiles. This may help others chime in with possible solutions.  Are your tokens up to date?  Not enough info to get a better understanding of the issue.
0 Kudos
Francoisg59
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry, We are on Prem (Legacy mode). the weird thing is that on Android 6 or 7, everything works. On Android 8 and more, we have the problem… therefore, it couldn't be a licence issue. for apps, i said that even the launcher (the first apps to download into an android because it manages the menu) is not downloading.

0 Kudos
DinendraDeSilva
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Since by design Android 8 is build  to support Android Enterprise / Device Owner mode In conjunction with the latest Hub version etc, Try to isolate application incompatibility issues by enrolling your Honeywell device using the native direct DPC device enrollment to your AW instance   ( afw#hub),  Once apps are validated and working within the launcher , then you could work your way back through the  process of elimination, Also good idea to have a  look at the launcher custom XML script for your launcher version, (  I.e clear cache between shared device users etc  )

0 Kudos
McMahonJ
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Francois,

I've seen similar behavior in an older version of the console and though we recently upgraded to v19.07 we have not seen it re-appear, but that doesn't mean it was resolved.  The bug was associated with Smart Groups, which we were using 2 different ones to assign a dozen or so apps.  Post enrollment the devices would hang in a downloading state.  We were instructed to "re-save" the Smart Group - don't make any changes, just open it and step through the prompts without cancelling it.  Hope that helps.

Jeff

0 Kudos
Francoisg59
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After a lot of search and tests, i finally found the solution with the help of the online support : For Android Devices with a version more than 7, The Android Device should have

access to www.google.fr. And in that case, the launcher will download from internal and applications also will download. It's a little bit crazy but it works well.

For me, it has to just add a proxy to all devices to get access to google.

0 Kudos