VMware Workspace ONE Community
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Android 12 and WIFI with EAP-TLS

Hi I have got some indications from customers that after upgrading to Android 12 their devices dont connect to the WIFI anymore.
They push a profile with EAP-TLS settings, so they are using certificate basically. and the same profile worked before upgrading to Android 12.

Have anyone of you come across this issue and have more information about it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
jlemke22
Contributor
Contributor

I have a customer with the same issue.  Android 12 added some fields when setting up wireless to use certificates.  The main one is the domain and it appears that this setting is not available in the profile you are trying to push out so the Android 12 device fails to connect.  The domain is the same as the one the certificate is using.

This link explains it from the Android side:

https://www.xda-developers.com/android-11-break-enterprise-wifi-connection/

0 Kudos
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

thanks for the reply. So should it work if we push the certificate chain of the wifi to the device?
Or do vmware have to actually fix it on in WS1 uem thru an patch or upgrade?

0 Kudos
MattWilliamsMat
Contributor
Contributor

I'm experiencing this problem now too as a bunch of our phones updated late last week and now are refusing to connect to our wifi network. If I manually set up the connection on the phone with the Domain field properly filled in then they connect fine. Updating our On Prem version of WS1 to the latest version still hasn't added a Domain field to the wifi profile so at the moment, phones receiving this update don't have the ability to connect.

I've opened a support case so I'll see what they come back with

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
steve_wolter
Contributor
Contributor

is there a soulution in the meantime?

0 Kudos
jpjp1
Contributor
Contributor

also interested as the ISE appliance we are using requests domain and there is no value in adding it

0 Kudos