VMware Workspace ONE Community
OscarMi
Contributor
Contributor

Android 10 - What kind of profile to use?

Hello

We previously used Legacy profiles.

When moving to Enterprise, required fr Android 10 it has stopped being operational and I only find 2 types of profile to configure, Work profile (2 profiles/device and I don't have registry about apps installed outside of Work profile, change passcodes...etc) and AFW that doesn't work for me playstore, shows no apps..., Gmail doesn't work too.

What is the closest profile or configuration to what we had before?

Cheers,

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@OscarMi 

I think you have misunderstood work profiles

There can be few scenarios:

• Fully managed device (one profile)
  • Work device half managed (private profile / work profile)
  • Employee device (private profile / work profile)

In fully managed device scenario you will be able fully control device, change passcodes and so on.

In scenario with work profile you can only control work profile, work profile can be passcode then afterwards work profile passcode can be changed and so on.

In all scenarios to get apps from playstore you must allow app from console. Otherwise playstore in fully manadeg device or in workprofile will be empty. Private profiles are not affected.

You must decide if you will give private space on work device for employee or not and then you will see which scenario to use. 

0 Kudos
OscarMi
Contributor
Contributor

@rsaulitis Thanks for the answer.

I understand that a fully managed with public PlayStore is imposible now, is right?

0 Kudos
rsaulitis
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@OscarMi 

Technically its public app store, you just need to allow which public apps can be used (whitelist apps which can be used)

Tags (1)
0 Kudos