VMware Workspace ONE Community
FrancoisLartiga
Contributor
Contributor

Android 10 Staging over LTE

Some time ago I create a staging profile for Android Enrolment trough QR Code.  It used to worked great, users only had to click 6 times on initial screen, scan the QR code and voilà!!  But recently since Android 10 it's now asking for wifi as soon as the QR code is scanned.  Have you been in a similar situation and how did you manage to bypass the wifi setup to use only LTE connection ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
telo36
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello, we have the same problem.

Do you have a solution ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Mr_Poo_Butthole
Contributor
Contributor

There are multiple libraries in the latest Android SDK to generate the QR code. Just a quick search and I see some in python and some in java and more! If you are trying to use a code generated by an older deprecated library (I saw some of those) then the Android OS is most likely defaulting to the wifi bc it thinks its a wifi password in that QR and stages connection app. As a standard enterprise security practice, I would specifically disable that feature via MDM or other control mechanism if it were my organization's device or had consent from the owner in order to access proprietary information such as a wifi password.

Luckily this isnt the case here and thanks for reading my security rant. 

In Android 10, you need to add the following DPC extra to your QR: "android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_USE_MOBILE_DATA":true,

Enjoy!

0 Kudos
telo36
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello, the additional line (android.app.extra.PROVISIONING_USE_MOBILE_DATA":true,) is working fine.

But is it possible to configure the code so that the device stop during the processe and i can choose the connection ? If wireless available, use wifi otherwise an enrollment with cellular

Thanks

0 Kudos