VMware Workspace ONE Community
kmullins131
Contributor
Contributor

Allow Facetime with Managed Device

I want to allow guests using our managed company devices to use Facetime. My goal is for the user to grab an iPad, open Facetime, type in a number or email, and start a Facetime call. 

My issue is when I open Facetime it requires I sign in with an Apple ID to activate Facetime. The field to type an email address is grayed out. The links for resetting an apple ID or password or creating an Apple Id are also grayed out. I expect this since it is a managed device. If I go to settings I can see that an Apple ID is not signed in, the device states that "This iPad is supervised and managed by <company name>". The option, here in settings, to sign in to an apple ID is also grayed out. 

I assume there is a way to tell these managed devices to use the Apple Business Manager account for Facetime but I have been looking all day with no luck. I found forum posts where users could get into Apple School Manager, go to Settings > Account and had options relating to Facetime and iMessage but I do not have those option. See below. Note that if I enable "Data and Privacy Access", I get no additional settings or options. 

kmullins131_0-1634331606342.png

I am stuck at what to try next so any help is appreciated, thank you! 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
frantza
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to know this as well.  Yes, I know this post was years ago.

0 Kudos