VMware Workspace ONE Community
charleskennedy
Contributor
Contributor

Airwatch Updating iOS Error - "Unable to install update. An error occurred installing iOS 14.8"

Hi everyone,

I'm currently trying to schedule an update for our iPads and iPhones to download and install iOS 14.8. Before implementing the whole company, we tried pushing the update to our test iPad and iPhone's. All 3 test devices are able to download the update, but error out when installing. If we manually update, we receive no errors. 

I verified that we do not have a delay on new updates. I also tried deleting the update from storage, then redownloading and installing again, but received the same error.

Has anyone experienced this issue in the past / currently? I'm at a loss. Any help would be apprecaited.

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TGrohmann
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Charles,

If a device passcode is set, you can only download the update, not install it. The update should then be installable on the device by entering the device passcode.

regards

JordonC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can confirm what TGrohmann stated.  Any of your supervised devices will get the update....but will have an error popup on the device that will say something to the effect of error installing IOS update if you try to force it.  This will happen on any device with authentication enabled.  Passcode, Face ID, finger print, etc.  device has to be unlocked. We learned this as well when starting to schedule IOS updates.  We now just have the schedules setup to download Updates to the devices.  After about 2 days on the device...the user gets a IOS prompt and nagged to install almost every time they unlock the device.  

alex17pat
Contributor
Contributor

I tried every possible fix out there untill i fixed it by forcing restart your iPhone.

0 Kudos