VMware Workspace ONE Community
BillPB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

AirWatch Server Migration

Hello. I have AirWatch running on an old Windows virtual server and we are trying to migrate that to new virtual 2016 Server. We ran into an issue trying to find the download to Content Manager (Content Gateway). Could you possibly point me in the right direction to find this download? Even though we have a license and I am logged into My VMWare, My Workspace ONE says I do not have permission to open a support ticket. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Not sure but I suspect you will once you've been granted 'Technical Admin' role within the VMware support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Hi Bill,

Download to Content Manager (Content Gateway) can be found via the Product Page.

https://my.workspaceone.com/products

Your account in the support portal needs to be designated as a 'Technical Admin' before you can open any service request with VMware support. You may want to check with your team to see who can update your account in the portal with the proper user role.

Super Users have full administrator access in My Workspace ONE and have the ability to elevate other users to the AirWatch Technical Administrator role.

AirWatch Technical Administrators have the ability to open support requests and work with AirWatch Support on support requests. The maximum number of AirWatch Technical Administrators your organization is entitled to is based on the support offering you select.

I hope this helps!

Best,

Tom

0 Kudos
BillPB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for the reply Tom. I have been on that site and see release notes, but no software download. The release notes reference this:

Content Gateway installers now available from AirWatch Resource Portal VMware AirWatch Content Gateway installers (Linux, Windows, and Virtual Appliance) can now be downloaded from AirWatch Resource Portal. You are redirected to the AirWatch Resource Portal page during Content Gateway installation procedure.

When we were doing the migration it also said we will be "redirected" but it still only leads to the release notes with no software to download. So we are in a loop here of not being able to find the actual download.

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Did you check out the below from the same site?

2020-07-08_14-05-31.png

0 Kudos
BillPB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Oh, I do not have the third tab you do. I only have Release Notes and Product Guides. How do I get the Installs tab?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Not sure but I suspect you will once you've been granted 'Technical Admin' role within the VMware support portal.

0 Kudos
BillPB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I agree, thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

The pleasure is mine. Smiley Happy