VMware Workspace ONE Community
MaximeLELEU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

AirWatch Launcher

Hello,

I need help, I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab and S9 with android for work and afw # method, I create a profile air watch launcher to make the unique application that works perfectly, but since the installation it is impossible for me switch off the terminals ... error message: security policy prevents power off.

Can you help me please ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gmanjohal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Maxime, I had the same issue, once the launcher profile was pushed however AirWatch have confirmed you have to create an additional custom profile and add the below XML, I've tried this and works fine, so just create an additional profile and push it down to your tablet. Mine was tested on a Samsung S9 running AW 9.2.2:

<characteristic type= ' com.airwatch.android.androidwork.launcher'  uuid=' 568bc89d-1df8-4ce9-a041-e5a24acdb7ec' >

<parm name= ' AllowPowerOff'  value=' true' />
</characteristic>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MaximeLELEU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Zlatan,

I think we did not understand each other, I want my users to turn off the tablet, right now, once the power key is pressed the security policy does not allow the power off
0 Kudos
gmanjohal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Maxime, I had the same issue, once the launcher profile was pushed however AirWatch have confirmed you have to create an additional custom profile and add the below XML, I've tried this and works fine, so just create an additional profile and push it down to your tablet. Mine was tested on a Samsung S9 running AW 9.2.2:

<characteristic type= ' com.airwatch.android.androidwork.launcher'  uuid=' 568bc89d-1df8-4ce9-a041-e5a24acdb7ec' >

<parm name= ' AllowPowerOff'  value=' true' />
</characteristic>

0 Kudos
MaximeLELEU
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you !! You are the best
0 Kudos
LiorAbel
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Your link just saved me too. Thank you so much!
0 Kudos
DannyThang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you so much!  That saved me!
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Each Launcher version introduces a new set of custom XML so be sure to keep an eye on them.
0 Kudos