VMware Workspace ONE Community
philrm77
Contributor
Contributor

AirWatch Launcher Cannot Enable Hardware Keys

I'm trying to set up an AirWatch launcher profile, but I cannot enable the device hardware keys. I'm following the instructions at https://support.workspaceone.com/solutions/SOL-18762  but where the instructions say ' On the Launcher payload, select the Settings icon in the upper right corner and scroll down to Hardware Keys'  I do not see a category for Hardware Keys - I see App Icons, Setting, Utilities, and Quick Launch Icons. Is there any reason that I can't see the Hardware Keys options? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
BethC
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Under the launcher settings you should see the following:
Admin passcode
Icon Settings
Device preference (under this one the sub-menu is the following)
App Icons
Settings
Utilities
Hardware Keys
Quick launch icons

If you do not, I would open a support ticket to find out if maybe your admin ' role'  has that blocked or some other reason why you wouldn't be able to see the full menu. Should be an easy fix.
0 Kudos
philrm77
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for responding - I'll follow your suggestion and open a support ticket.
0 Kudos
VincentBrunet
Contributor
Contributor

There are restrictions options too on Legacy profile. Maybe you checked them out !?!?
0 Kudos
philrm77
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion Vincent. I checked the settings under the legacy profile and here I can see the full menu including the Hardware Keys options. Unfortunately I can't use the legacy profile because it will not assign to any of my devices - I assume because all of the devices I want to assign to are Android 7.0+.

When I go back into the normal Android profile, the options for hardware keys are still not there.
0 Kudos
MagnusSandtorv
Contributor
Contributor

Did you find a solution or get an answer from support?
0 Kudos
philrm77
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I did get a response from AirWatch Technical Support. The answer is that the hardware keys option is only available in Android Legacy at the moment, the functionality is not available for Android Enterprise. They did say that they are doing some testing to see if they could add the functionality in a future release.
0 Kudos
RobCollyer
Contributor
Contributor

has this ever been included in a future release? Airwatch is there any custom profile settings we can use to disable hardware keys?
0 Kudos
zlatanp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any update on this?
0 Kudos