VMware Workspace ONE Community
fattymcj
Contributor
Contributor

AirWatch Cloud Connector Service Won't Start

We are deploying a new on-premise environment (9.3) on all Windows Server 2016 servers (with desktop experience).  We did not have a problem with any of the components installing until we installed the Enterprise Systems Connector (ACC Role) on a new server.  The install runs fine but the Windows Service for AirWatch Cloud Connector fails to start.  Starting it manually results in the following error (Error 1067: Process terminated unexpectedly).  We tried using a local administrator account to run the service, instead of the system account, but the result is the same.  Anyone have similar issues with a new install?  Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
anonymousmigrat
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm running our OnPrem-Lab with 9.3.0.8 on Server 2016, started with 9.2.3, so haven't seen any fundamental problem there. Did you run the ' AWCM Secure Channel Certificate Installer'  on your AWCM-Server before you installed the ACC?

What does the ' CloudConnector.log'  say?
0 Kudos
fattymcj
Contributor
Contributor

We did run the Secure Channel Certificate Installer on the Devices Server (where the AWCM service is installed) before we deployed the ACC.   The ACC does seem to be having an issue with the SCC though per the logs:

System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

Are you using a self-signed SSL or one from a reputable SSL vendor?
0 Kudos
fattymcj
Contributor
Contributor

We are using the self signed cert generated by AirWatch during the install process.  We also see the following in the logs:
AirWatch.CloudMessaging.Client.AwcmClientException: We do not trust the AWCM server's SSL certificate.

0 Kudos
fattymcj
Contributor
Contributor

I found this article that states the ACC will not work when using a self signed cert.
https://support.air-watch.com/articles/115001665088

We will be re-installing the AWCM component and using a public wildcard cert tomorrow.
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

That's where I was going to go next, perfect.
0 Kudos
fattymcj
Contributor
Contributor

The following steps were taken to resolve the issue:
Reinstall AWCM service on Devices Server using public cert
Reseting IIS on Devices Server
Reinstall ESC/ACC
0 Kudos
LukeDC
Expert
Expert

excellent!
0 Kudos
TonyLauTonyLau1
Contributor
Contributor

I'm going to plan for an DR drill by setting another OnPerm Enterprise Systems Connector (ACC Role) on a new server at a remote site wrt current ACC connector. Wondering this would be a similiar process as compare to install Enterprise system connector (ACC Role).
Anyone have experience in setting up DR drill?
0 Kudos