VMware Workspace ONE Community
dwaterhouse
Contributor
Contributor

After upgrading to Android 11 on a Zebra TC26 custom settings fail e.g. Lifeguard updates

Hi, I've upgraded a couple of devices to Android 11 and after doing so products that apply customer settings such as lifeguard updates no longer work.

The procedure on the link at the bottom of this post has worked for incremental lifeguard updates in Android 10 and the procedure for a full BSP update worked getting from Andriod 10 to Android 11. Now I have Android 11 installed I'm having a few issues.

When trying to apply a lifeguard update for Android 11 it now fails. I get 1 of 2 errors:

1. When using the exact same paths as the link below

ERR Applying of custom settings failed Exception/Error occurred while applyProvisionPackage()
ERR Action 1 : error processing
ERR Product step execution failed at step: 1

• When using a customer path of /sdcard/MS/ we get this error. In Android 10 we used the same custom path and it always worked.

ERR Applying of custom settings failed characteristic-error ConditionMgr=Exception:java.lang.NullPointerException ; 
ERR Action 1 : error processing
ERR Product step execution failed at step: 1

The second step about seems to get further. I assume the download path the the link below is having an issue with scoped storage and the data/tmp is looking to write to /Android/data/

Any idea's on how to proceed?

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/services/ProdProv_All/GUID-1486D258-FA46-4FBF-B4...

0 Kudos
0 Replies