VMware Workspace ONE Community
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Adding text to backround or lockscreen image

I'm trying to add dynamic text to a backround image sent via Airwatch. JAMF appears to have this functionality, referenced here:

https://docs.jamf.com/jamf-school/deploy-guide-docs/Setting_the_Wallpaper_on_Mobile_Devices.html

Does anyone know if Airwatch can do the same thing?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

0 Kudos
JoeTingley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Noordan,

Unfortunately, the document doesn't help me beyond what I've already done. I'd like dynamic text added on top of a backround image assigned on the managed settings screen. For example, I need an generic business backround with the Device Host Name over the top of it for identification, assigned dynamically.

The closest I've been able to get is to assign the Device Name onto a Lock Screen Profile under "If Lost Return To", which technically works, but it's tiny and my user base are a bunch of nurses who will struggle to see it. If you look at the JAMF options in the link, they specifically call out the ability to "Add additional text to the image by entering a variable or text in the Text to add to the image field." I'd really like to figure out a way to do THAT.

Anyone else have any advice?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Noordan
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @JoeTingley,

Sorry my bad. I did not read your link so well. so I missed the part about dynamic text. 
And based on my experience, this is not possible in to to do in worksapce one uem.

0 Kudos
bengalaviz
Contributor
Contributor

I've found a different way to do this. I've created a support website for our devices. Then I created a Web Link and added device information to the URL as parameters.

Example : https://XXXXXXXXX/?sn={DeviceSerialNumber}&os={DeviceOperatingSystem}&uid={EnrollmentUser}

Then on my webpage, I use javascript to pull the values for sn (Serial Number) and uid (Enrollment User) and display that on the page for them to read.

0 Kudos