VMware Workspace ONE Community
BobbyP1
Contributor
Contributor

Adding Weblink to Device

Hello, 

I am trying to add a weblink on our Samsung Tab A tablets. Currently I have done the following:
Gone to Apps and Books > Added Application > Filled out the required form to create the application such as URL Etc > Published it to the selected smart groups. 

I do not see it showing up on the devices. We had another admin do this previously and the links show up as an app on the launcher screen but he is no longer with the company for me to ask ask how he did this. I have tried to mirror this the best I can but obviously there is a step I am missing. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JD89
Contributor
Contributor

When you go to Apps and Books > Public > Add Application > Enter URL, this URL would be the URL of the application in the Google Play store. Not the URL for a web application. Web Apps can be added in the Managed Google Play store.

Quick overview on how I do it:

To start, browse to APPS & BOOKS -> Applications -> Native -> Public and click ADD APPLICATION.

Platform: Android. Source: Search App Store. Name: Leave this blank. Hit Next.

Click on the Globe icon on the left side of the screen for Web Applications. Click the plus sign and fill out the information and click create.

Click on the newly created web app and then click "Select." Click "save and assign" to assign it to your devices.

0 Kudos