VMware Workspace ONE Community
PLehotai
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Add Shared Mailbox to Boxer does not work

Hi guys, 

I am trying to add a shared mailbox to my Boxer app on iOS according to this article, section "Adding a Shared Mailbox to Workspace ONE Boxer".

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Workspace-ONE-UEM/services/Boxer_Admin_Guide/GUID-CalendarDelegati...

I have the necessary permissions for the mailbox on the Exchange side - "Full Access" and "Send As". 

I open the Boxer App, go to Menu, "Add Account", "Add Shared Account", choose my account, type in the required shared mailbox, try to open it, but it fails with the message: "Unable to Sync. Something went wrong" and then "Access Denied. You do not have permissions to access this account."

Any idea what I am missing here?

Thanks!

Best regards

Peter

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Zero_Choice
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe the Delegated Access feature helps:

Open the Boxer-App and go to Settings. Go to already configured main account which has the required permissions to use the new mailbox. In the third block from above you will find "Delegate Access". Just search for the new mailbox and add it.

It might not be what you are looking for but that's how we are doing it. It's a nice solution because you don't need to provide a password for the new mailbox. Everything is handled by the permissions configured in Exchange.

0 Kudos
PLehotai
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the answer. We have checked those settings, however, it turns out that we have to do some setup on our EMM backend yet.

Add a delegated or shared mailbox in Workspace ONE Boxer (82760) (vmware.com)

Calendar and Mailbox Delegation in Workspace ONE Boxer (vmware.com)

We have not implemented the solution yet, but we will definitely take a look into it.

0 Kudos