VMware Workspace ONE Community
BendikSygnestve
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Active directory user group sync interval

Hi,
I'm struggling to find a setting in the console that contains the time as to when AD user groups sync into Workspace One.
I see most of our groups sync at the same time everyday.

Does anyone know where to find this?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RicardoPachecoR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Bendik, - If you are one Shared SaaS, you are subject to the scheduled time for all other environments in your SaaS. We are on a Shared SaaS. I wanted to change the schedule to a more frequent time, but that was a no go. What, or why, is it that you are interested in changing the task time?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LukeDC
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

If you have access it would be under ' All settings -> Admin -> Scheduler -> Sync Directory Groups'

0 Kudos
RicardoPachecoR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Bendik, - If you are one Shared SaaS, you are subject to the scheduled time for all other environments in your SaaS. We are on a Shared SaaS. I wanted to change the schedule to a more frequent time, but that was a no go. What, or why, is it that you are interested in changing the task time?

0 Kudos
AnthonyCardona
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is there a way to forcefully sync it for all Dir Groups ?
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Anthony, I believe that can be done with making API call using script.
0 Kudos
Justin_Vermeij
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Anthony, Any luck with syncing all Dir Groups?
0 Kudos
EricPlent
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We are on a dedicated SaaS and were able to request the sync times be updated somewhat. Our request was more around moving the times rather than increasing the frequency, which the rep I spoke with said was OK. The downside is that there is a bug in the scheduler (which may or may not have been resolved at this point) where the times for group sync will randomly change back to original settings without anyone touching them. For example, we had requested our AD group sync be adjusted to 6am/6pm some months ago, and then recently found that they had changed to 11am/11pm without our knowledge. VMWare stated they are aware of the issue and are working on it .. I am just mentioning it so you are aware.
0 Kudos
chengtmskcc
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks, Eric. What version are you on? I'm on 1903 and there was a bug with the scheduler which was patched as we were unable to upgrade to anything newer at the time.
0 Kudos
Boe_K
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Anthony not sure if this is what you were looking for or not.

Issue Description:

How do you do a manual user group sync?  What is the process for a full sync?

Issue Resolution:

The manual sync process involves three steps: Sync, Add Missing Users, and View and Merge. These three options can be found in the AirWatch Console by navigating to Accounts > User groups > List view > select the user groups in question.  From here, select ' sync'  on the right corner, or ' add missing users'  or ' view and merge'  under More Actions. You will need to select each option in order for a full manual sync to work. When you edit the user group settings, double check that the maximum allowable change is higher than the number of users you are adding + removing, or else you must manually approve the changes.

Each individual step is explained below:
Sync: Gets the full user list from Active Directory of the specified user group, along with any updated user attributes. The sync command does not add users.
Add Missing User: Adds new users to the console, based on current membership in the user group.  This usually takes some time to populate so the users will show up after the third step below.
View and Merge: Checks the difference in group membership between AirWatch and Active Directory. If there are more users in the group in AirWatch, they are disassociatedfrom the group. These users will NOT be deleted.

In some cases, when you attempt the three steps, you will see a ' Pending Approval'  status. This means that the total number of changes after the ' View and Merge'  is greater than the maximum allowable changes configured for the user group.  You must manually approve these changes in the AirWatch Console, or increase the allowed changes in a single sync by editing the user group.

https://support.air-watch.com/solutions/sol-13524
0 Kudos